Kurt, Erin and Dave really hoofed the lots and the campgrounds to get big numbers, and after two trainings during soundcheck and such, my locals were off and running the grounds, as well!
We celebrated by going downtown (thank you, Crocs Mike!) and hitting up a couple bars. We have too much fun.
Lucy, who works for Music Matters and executes the recycling effort at DMB shows across the country, hung out with us all night, too, which was awesome. She likes My Morning Jacket and we listened to them on the way from the venue to her hotel room. Nice to have another girl on tour with me and Erin!
Oh yeah, speaking of MMJ, I walked up to some kids' tent earlier yesterday when I heard them playing Okonokos, and one of them had on a Cool Beans shirt! Turns out, that guy's buddy's cousin is Jay Shreve, who used to own both CB and House Coffee (back when it was Courtyard). I haven't seen Jay in forever, but what a small world, eh?
I got my dive bar live music fix last night at the Slippery Noodle, where this bangin' three-piece blues band rocked till 2:30 a.m. Dave and I were dancing and sweating (Indy is more humid than I imagined!) and thoroughly revived by the experience.
Walking back toward Erin and Mike, who were chowing down at the Steak 'n Shake, Dave said, "I just had another one of those 'nowhere I'd rather be' moments."
I couldn't agree more.
Next stop, Columbus. But first....the Dark Knight at the IMAX!!!


2 comments:
Wow, Celia
Can you keep up this pace to October? 250 registered at Deer Creek. Sounds like you are hitting your stride!
Just thought I'd check in and say, "keep up the good work!"
Check your e-mail !
Joe VL
how about you people have the prettiest teeth. you look like an ADA commercial.
Post a Comment